The Knights of Columbus Council 1819 will be the official sponsor of the Troops of Saint George – Troop 1819 for the 2016-2017 charter season. Troop 1819 is the first established Troop in the state of Louisiana that serves Annunciation Parish and surronding Parishes.
The Troops of Saint George is a fraternal Catholic nonprofit apostolate for priests, men, and young men looking for a life of adventure coupled with virtue. Initially founded in 2013 by Catholic author and professor Dr. Taylor Marshall we have become a collection of troops that do the following:
- Experience reverent and beautiful Masses outdoors.
- Pray the Rosary with other men around fire pits.
- Catch a Fish Friday meal by fishing with fellow cadets.
- Go to confession with our priests while kneeling on moss in the woods.
- Teach our sons archery, rockclimbing, marksmanship, fishing, survival skills…and Catholic virtues.
- Foster a love for the priesthood and a reverence for the sacrament of Matrimony.
- Support our local parish, our priests, our bishops, and community by being available for works of mercy and service
- Once you experience TSG you will see how we are able to transform not only individual men, but entire parishes.
The Troops of Saint George – Troop 1819 is associated with Annunciation Parish, however, we will be doing actives throughout the Northshore. Troop 1819 is the first established troop in Louisiana with a positive growth opportunity as we look to kick off the charter year September 1st. If you would like more information on TSG Troop 1819, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on facebook at Troops of Saint George – Troop 1819.